Already have a Username/Password for tripleC: Communication, Capitalism & Critique. Open Access Journal for a Global Sustainable Information Society?
Go to Login
Need a Username/Password?
Go to Registration
Registration and login are required to submit items online and to check the status of current submissions.
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in English and uses a Microsoft Word document file format.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Journal. Authors have to format their article accordingly by using the tripleC template.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- If submitting to a peer-reviewed section of the journal, we encourage authors to choose open reviewing, a process in which the names of authors and reviewers are known to each other. However, also conventional double-anonymous reviewing is available as an option. If you want to choose this option please take care that the instructions in Ensuring an Anonymous Review have been followed.
tripleC does not make page charges for articles with a length below the standard of 8,000 words (including references). To cover publication costs, tripleC charges an article publication fee for articles that exceed the standard article length of 8,000 words (including references) as of 13 December 2016 (submission date).
tripleC is a freely available open access online-journal using a non-commercial Creative Commons licence. This ensures a large readership and a high degree of reception in the scientific community. tripleC is a non-profit journal.
Operating a journal within a capitalist society that is based on money and wage-labour creates actual monetary costs for a) the domain name, b) web space hosting and c) paid labour for copy-editing, layout, and online publishing of the article as pdf and html. (c) accounts by far for the largest cost share. On average, these costs amount to £120 per standard 8,000 word article that tripleC publishes. These are pure costs, and the journal makes no profit.
During its first 14 years, tripleC survived based on private and institutional support and funding. This support is limited and therefore we need a way of funding the above mentioned costs a), b) and c). Therefore, the journal will as of 13 December 2016 charge a fee for articles that exceed the standard 8,000 words in their final version. We do not charge for the first 8,000 words. After 8,000 words, we charge £40 per additional 1,000 words and a proportional sum for any word count above 8,000.
The charge is spent on copy-editing, layout, publishing and other operational costs on a non-profit basis. In case a fee is necessary for your accepted article, you will receive an invoice an be asked to pay via PayPal.
tripleC welcomes donations for its future operations on a non-profit basis. All donations received will be used for copy-editing, layout, publishing and other operational costs.tripleC’s editors think that this is a fair regulation that a) tries to secure funding for tripleC on a non-profit basis, and b) allows authors who cannot pay the fee for articles exceeding 8,000 words to adhere to the standard article length.
If you would like to make a donation to tripleC, please contact Managing Editor Denise Rose Hansen email@example.com.
tripleC is a peer-reviewed, open-access journal (ISSN: 1726-670X). All journal content, except where otherwise noted, is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Austria License.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.
tripleC is a peer-reviewed, open-access journal (ISSN: 1726-670X). All journal content, except where otherwise noted, is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 License.